“One final huge thank you from parents Daniela Folkes and Rosie Khan for the Herculean effort and generosity of Westbourne pupils, parents and teachers in relation to their charity Christmas Hamper appeal.
Every single item that has been dropped either on Daniela’s doorstep or in school reception has enabled us to give food and presents to the 6 charities below.
This has only been possible due to the thoughtfulness and generosity of every single person that went out of their way to give.
Literally dozens of local children and families living in tough circumstances will have a little treat and hopefully a smile on their faces on Christmas morning thanks to your mind blowing response to this appeal:
- The Besom Charity, helping local families living in poverty, received 35 food hampers and approx 60 Christmas presents.
- The Salvation Army, Duke Street, received 40 food hampers and approx 100 Christmas presents
- Beststart Charity, helping young families in the Manor Castle, Norfolk Park & Arbourthorne, Darnall & Tinsley, Shiregreen & Brightside areas of Sheffield, received 55 selection boxes and biscuit gift packs.
- The Snowdrop Project Charity helping local victims of human trafficking, received 25 Christmas presents
- S6 Foodbank received £350 worth of toilet roll, pasta sauce and tinned fruit (items on their most needed list) A parent also donated a week’s wages to this food bank!
- S2 Foodbank received 5 food hampers, approx 30 Christmas presents and £150 worth of nappies, baby wipes and toiletries (items on their most needed list)
To continue giving now or in the New Year, please contact:
or visit sheffields6.foodbank.org.uk
Or use the Just Giving link
or donate to salvationarmy.org.uk “